Node Emitter - the most creative node
Create a Node Emitter
- Undock the toolbox panel. Choose emitters in the upper window and node emitter in the lower window.
- Left-click on the planet surface to draw a node emitter. Keep clicking to create multiple node emitters.
- Right-click to exit Draw Mode
- Press the spacebar to enter Play Time and observe the default node emitter's behavior.
Change the Position and Direction of the Node Emitter
- Left-click to select the node emitter and use the transform box widget to lift it off the ground.
- Use the hot-key E to toggle the rotate tool.
- Click-and-drag on the transform box to rotate the direction of the node emitter. A blue UI arrow will point the direction in 3D.
Remember: Click-and-dragging on the side of the transform box will allow you to move the object along that 3D plane only.