Let's Defy Physics
Option 1: MAGIC STAIR STEP: Object stays fixed in the air, but things still collide with it.
- Select object > Properties > RigidBody > Movable = false
- RigidBody is still "active" meaning things will still collide with it or perch on it if balanced. But "movable = false" means that it won't be moved by collisions or gravity.
Option 2: GHOST OBJECT: Object stays fixed in the air, and things DON'T collide with it.
A) Deactivate the RigidBody:
- Select object > Properties > RigidBody > Active = false
- RigidBody "movable" can be either in this case as active = false overrides the rest of the RigidBody properties.
B) Remove the RigidBody:
- Select object > Properties > RigidBody (triangle in circle button just right of Rigidbody > "remove attribute"
- This removes the RigidBody entirely; meaning no collisions and no gravity interaction.