Journey through the Basics of Animation in Simmetri
In this tutorial you will learn:
- Animation with timelines basics
- Keyframes: interpolation, direct value setting, time-shifting, cloning, looping
- Camera fly's: Fly-in / fly-through
- Camera/angle switching for multi-camera shoots
- Live value recording with the record button
Video link: https://app.hyfy.io/v/abIZUSWbvtn
- Intro is 3:00 minutes. Feel free to skip.
- The first ~3 minutes of the tutorial ~3:00-6:00, are review of the interactive tutorial under the learn menu.
- At 3:40 The tutorial has you remove the soon-to-be-animated object's rigidbody but doesn't fully explain why. The reason is that if you seek to control an object's position in space at moments in time, by using a keytrack on the time line, you are telling that object where to be at ever frame (90 frames per second). If you have an active and movable rigid body as well, then your asking physics to also try and assert its position based on physical forces... the two will fight and you will find an undesired effect.
Older version: The sound in this one not perfect.