How to make Interactive Shows:
(NOTE: this tutorial is not VR-specific )
Connect inputs (like button presses) to actions (scripts in Simmetri).
Simmetri offers a variety of input Options:
- VR controller buttons
- Game Pads
- MIDI devices
- Keyboard and Mouse
GIF Showing Example of Buttons Driving Interactions:
- R.G.B and T are toggling the color (red,green, blue, white) of a light inside these emitted animation units (unit + timeline).
- W,A,S,D controls a black movable ball (toolbox>actors>movable ball). Emitter follows ball via script.
- The emitter is set to emit based on its movement, but one can manually emit by pressing "E".
- "N" changes out which node the emitter emits: Which unit+timeline animation (spheres, cubes, or barbells (for a DNA look)).
- Keyboard Call Out App: Carnac
- Simmetri Show in GIF here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1403857110
Full "Player Controls" Overview Tutorial Video :
Full over view video 40 minutes:
Rapid workflow summary (TLDR): at time in the video: 34:50
Faster Skim Overview Video: 7 Minutes.
Google Poly CC Attribution:
Alien Jetpack Go!, by Damon Pidhajecky